Hamilton Township was established in 1807. The 2010 census found 8,260 people in the township, 4,438 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions.
 
Located in the southern part of Franklin County, OH, it has the following borders:
 
Columbus - north
Madison Township - east
Madison Township, Pickaway County - southwest corner
Harrison Township, Pickaway County - south
Scioto Township, Pickaway County - Southwest
Jackson Township - West
 
Most of northern and western Hamilton Township is occupied by the city of Columbus, the county seat of Franklin County. The villages of Lockbourne and Obetz are located in the southern and northeastern part of the township respectively. Near the southeast corner of the township lies Rickenbacker Air National Guard Base.
 
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
 
Hamilton Township provides police and fire services, and operates the Hamilton Local Schools, which provides K-12 educational services. It's police services are contracted through the Franklin County Sheriff's Office and fire protection is operated through Hamilton Township.
 
Hamilton Township maintains a large park that is available year round to residents. There is a playground and several football / soccer fields in addition to two baseball diamonds. Hamilton Youth Athletics organizes team sports throughout the year for children of all ages.
Hamilton Township Seal
American Flag & Eagle